The WACA is committed to the continued development and success of WA cricket’s female pathways, to provide opportunities for all females to participate in the game.
The aim of the WACA Female Pathway Program is to:
- ensure an integrated pathway for females exists from grassroots through to representative cricket
- allocate annual scholarships to two city-based, one country-based and one Aboriginal player
- establish first class talent identification and coaching programs for female programs.
Recipients of the scholarship are entitled to claim expenses up to $5,000 through the WACA, including:
- cricket equipment
- travel expenses (airfares, fuel costs, accommodation)
- clothing and equipment (cricket-related)
- coaching (specialist coaching fees)
- training costs (facility entry fees)
- sports medicine (medical, physiotherapist, podiatrist).